Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tourney Picks

I'll just give you the highlights. Kansas over UCLA in the final w/ Texas and UNC rounding out the final four. A few notable sweet 16 upsets are Davidson beating Georgetown and Butler taking out Tennessee. In the elite 8 I'm taking Xavier over Duke and Pittsburgh over Memphis. I had a strong run of picking 3 champions in a row a few years ago, but each year I finished in last for the people who picked the eventual champion so follow these predictions at your own risk.

5 Comments:

Blogger peb said...

We have the same Final Four except I picked UNC to win it all. I feel obligated to pick UNC to win it all each year they have a legitimate shot to do so or else I don't feel like a real fan.

7:10 PM

 
Blogger Bird Spot said...

Dan you have the "pick-someone-other-than-who-you-really-want-to-win-it-all-mentality": If Kansas does beat UNC and then does go on to win it all, since you picked them, you're a winner. However, if UNC goes on to win it all, even though your pool got messed up, you're still a winner b/c UNC won.

My final four is UNC over Kansas and Memphis over UCLA with UNC winning it all.

By the way, thanks for hanging up on me the other night. That's always a great feeling. What I was trying to say is that even if you don't make it to CH to watch any b-ball this season, we look forward to seeing you at the Polvo show.

11:57 AM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

Let's get this straight. You hung up on me. You could have at least said the cell phone battery went dead or it lost reception, but don't blame it on me hanging up!

10:42 AM

 
Blogger Bird Spot said...

Ok, I take it back.

11:07 AM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

I finished in 7th in the office pool. I didn't take any joy in that.

10:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home