Saturday, January 19, 2008

UNCG Basketball

I was excited when I saw this article on UNCG's Kyle Hines yesterday on SI.com. Hines has some incredible career statistics and plays well against everybody, so it's not too surprising that he would get some national publicity (in an unrelated note I was watching the G play recently while the NFL playoffs were getting ready to start and started wondering if Hines could make the Antonio Gates leap from college hoops to NFL tight end. Probably not but I'd like to see an NFL player from a college that doesn't have a football team). Then, incredibly, ESPN.com had an article posted on UNCG head coach Mike Dement on the very same day. It was one of those personal interest stories that I never read in the local paper, but I read it online b/c it was a 2nd UNCG story in the national media. I would have only believed this was possible if something really bad happened at the program, but I'm glad to be wrong in this case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home