Monday, March 10, 2008

Attention Basketball Fans

Dude, I was totally going to call you when Danny Green threw down that wicked jam on Saturday night except I didn't want to jinx it and I couldn't stop pumping my fists long enough to dial your number. But it's the thought that counts and I was thinking of you, unnamed blog reader.

I was listening to the Winthrop/UNCA game on Sirius radio and usually they broadcast the home or visitor's radio team (or sometimes both) but they had a guy there specifically for Sirius on Saturday. It was only one guy handling the action and man he did a good job. I started wondering why other schools don't do this, but I listened to Florida's broadcast of the Kentucky game on Sunday and they just had one guy doing the play by play (it was the Gator radio network and inexplicably you can still buy season tickets to Florida football b/c they heavily advertised those). Does anyone know if a one man booth is unusual for sports on the radio? I've listened to UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake, and UNCG this season and they all have 2 man booths. I don't know how popular sports on the radio are, but I like to listen to it if I'm in the car or it's not on tv (except hockey that's impossible to follow on the radio). The only one man booth I can remember prior to this weekend was the Greensboro Grasshoppers and I'm pretty sure that's a cost savings move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home