Sunday, January 20, 2008

Dress Your Family In Corduroy And Denim

Now this is a book I can actually recommend. If you haven't read David Sedaris, you are missing out on some funny family (and personal) dysfunction. And not the kind of dysfunction that lands you in jail, this is the kind where you hold unspoken grudges for years until a well received memoir exposes them to the whole world. Now that's funny. As far as this book goes, in addition to the requisite childhood family trauma there were some funny significant other relationship stories and the excellent advice that a new car might revitalize a romance for a few weeks but new real estate can improve the romance for up to 9 months. And off course there are more stories about Raleigh's favorite floor refinisher, the Rooster. I'm not sure but he might be the only author that I would want to listen to read his books on tape. That lisp of his somehow makes his stories even funnier and I have a hard time consistently reproducing it when I'm reading in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home