Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Slash

I figured I would start commenting on the books I read on here, so next Christmas someone will actually buy me a book (although the Steely Dan box set was very nice so I'm not complaining about Pete). Anyway, the Slash book was one of Maria's Christmas presents but I started reading it to complete the recent rock and roll trilogy I started (Nikki Sixx's book and Eric Clapton's book were the previous two). It didn't trash Axl Rose as bad as I thought it might, but that's probably b/c it devoted more space to the Slash's pre-Guns and Roses days. And unlike the other rock confessionals I previously read this didn't put much faith in rehab for getting off of heroin. I don't know if that's refreshing or if Slash is in for another ride on the dragon. I'll save you the time and money by quoting the funniest part of the book. "It was now 2002 and Aerosmith was playing the L.A. Forum with Cheap Trick opening up.... I got high as a kite that night, so deliberately and obviously that the Aerosmith guys, the Cheap Trick guys, and everyone I ran into were aware of it. Under the circumstances, I did the only thing that made sense: I hung out with David Lee Roth all night." I'd try to devise some kind of rating system except I've noticed my Netflix reviews give every single movie I see 4 out of 5 stars. I cancelled my Netflix subscription shortly after I noticed that. I will say it's as good as any of the other rock and roll books I've read recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home