Saturday, December 15, 2007

Petsmart

I went into Petsmart today to buy cat food. We were waiting in line and Desmond was asking about the dog grooming that they were doing there. I was pretty impressed that a dog would stand there while this lady used electric clippers on him. Then I saw how she was holding him. Her arm was over his hind legs with her hand coming back under him between his legs firmly holding his junk. While I was contemplating this, a lady walks in w/ her dog and excitedly asks if Santa will be there in 15 minutes. The cashier tells her yes and she asks where exactly he'll be. The cashier points out the area and I realize there were already a bunch of people w/ their dogs waiting for Santa over there. I'm kicking myself for not sticking around to watch this, but these people looked like they would be pissed if I wasted Santa's time by letting my kids sit with him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grace Tydings said...

Hi Dan, this is Gracie, I was wondering what size clothes your kids are wearing these days (I wait till last minute for xmas gifts :)

Oh, and dog groomers at places like petsmart or petco are the WORST! The only good thing now is that they have those glass windows so you can watch if they mistreat your animal. But they usually have very mean techniques for getting a dog to sit still. A lot of times you'll see them put the plastic cone around the animal's head so the groomer doesn't get bitten. Arthur's not too fond of the grooming table but it just takes a firm grip on the skin under his jaw to get him to stay still. I'm sure John can tell you about what insane situations he's seen at dog shows but I'm just so used to it now, it doesn't seem strange anymore.

See you next week!

9:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home