Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pitching In

Thanksgiving is numero uno on my list of holidays as you may have read before. I figured I should add to the pile of food this year and I bought some pecans from a lady at work, so I'm making a cheesecake pecan pie. I made one last week and it is the greatest thing since chocolate and peanut butter started shacking up. I'm currently working on an apple pie that may or may not make it out of the house. I followed the directions to preheat a baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven, but nowhere in those directions did it say that your oven needed to be clean. While I didn't have to call the fire department this time, I did have a nice flame burning up the bottom of the oven. I think that made it easier to scrape out the stuff that was in there, but I don't recommend as a method of oven cleaning.

In other holiday news, this morning Desmond furrowed his brow and seemed genuinely perplexed to start his first day of vacation. Since we went to the grocery store last night, he wasn't sure if he wanted Coke, Pepsi, or Cheerwine to start his morning off. Eventually he settled on Cheerwine. I'm not sure what he's going to do at the dessert table tomorrow when faced w/ an even bigger decision (the correct answer is "a little piece of all of them" which is really just so you can figure out what to have a big piece of).

And if you see a Thanksgiving card w/ a woman on the front of it, I assure you the inside of the card says something like "Happy day before shopping." Believe me, I looked at all of them. I wasn't sure what to think of that since I was shopping at the time, so I went to the auto supply section and looked at fuel injector cleaner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home