Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Triad Stage

Maria and I went to our first production at Triad Stage this weekend. It was a little shocking to hear them talking about getting ready for their 5th season next year. I bought tickets for my parents once and had a free pass that I didn't use another time, but I think their initial foray into the Greensboro theatre scene left me w/ a bad taste. There was a lot of publicity about how theatre on this level had never been seen in Greensboro. All I could think about were the hard working people at the Broach Theatre and the North Carolina Shakespeare Festival. Even the UNCG theatre full timers had to feel a little insulted. However, I will say the Triad Stage has done their promotion on WUAG's Tuesday afternoon theatre presentation. And they seem to be promoting theatre in general rather than just their own theatre, so I won't make my first impression my only impression. As for the show itself, their theatre had the best scenery of any place around here by way way way way way far. It's a little hard to tell how great the costume crew is when the play is a depression era farm story. I mean that's how I dress, so obviously it's not as spectacular as Henry IV. I would guess they are capable of great things, but we'll have to go back to make sure. If Maria gets a blog can we review the play and deduct the tickets as a business expense?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home