Saturday, March 19, 2005

Culture Vulture

I'm trying to broaden my horizons especially since 311 speedway isn't open yet. We took the kids to the reenactment of the battle of Guilford Courthouse. Desmond liked the guns. He didn't complain about the noise, and those cannons are loud when you're only 20 feet away from them. This was on Sunday, so it was a beautiful day to get outside and watch people shoot at each other. I swear I was going to see the National Symphony Orchestra during their recent visit to North Carolina. I bought the cheapest tickets they were selling and had Maria convinced it would be a good night out. However, Maria started working again on Wednesday night, so we wanted to spend our last weeknight together at home doing nothing. I traded the tickets to my mom for more free babysitting. That puts me out $30 and her or dad out about a million hours. Finally, I took Desmond and Izabella to a night at the opera. Ok, I really just went b/c it was at the new baseball stadium, but there was an opportunity to be exposed to high society. The stadium is awesome. The kids playground wasn't open, but that will buy me a couple innings that I didn't used to get. The best deal looks like the bar in left field. It's cheaper to get in there, and the tables are a better place for conversation than the rows of reserved seats. I didn't actually stay for any of the opera, but I bought a couple of hot dogs, a pretzel, t-shirt, and a beer so they were happy we came. Also, Guilford the Grasshopper made an up close appearance for the kids. They were both enthralled. I wish he would babysit at the games.

So let me sum up the week in culture. We saw a bunch of guys shooting guns and a new baseball stadium. I'm sure the kids will turn out to be a couple of regular Rockefellers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home