Monday, March 21, 2005

Feed the world at a $200 level and get this handsome tote bag

It's pledge time at UNC-TV, so that means they are dragging out the archival rock and roll footage. I watched the Live Aid special the other night. I knew the Led Zeppelin reunion wasn't on it, but that jones was already satisfied. To be honest, it looked really dated. I enjoyed Bob Geldof's primping and preening during I Don't Like Mondays. The thing that really bugged me was the regularity with which Phil Collins popped up. I remembered that he played in London, flew on the Concorde, and played for the reunited Led Zeppelin. I didn't remember that he played w/ every act in London before he left. He probably got them to hold the flight until he was finished jamming w/ Sting. It was like living in the 80s again. Every single song broadcasted featured Phil Collins. Maybe that's why I wasn't too keen on the whole thing. Give me Farm Aid any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home