Thursday, March 17, 2005

tourney blog

I've watched a little bit this afternoon but not a lot. I had to call Time Warner to get the extra channels. I think it just involved them resetting my cable box, so it wasn't a big deal. The only issue I've run into is one of the 3 extra channels is the HD feed. I don't have HDTV. The main channel that is normally channel 2's HD feed on cable doesn't come in. The other 2 are ok. The customer service lady only asked me to check the other 2, so I'm not sweating it.

Of the 3 early games I got, I noticed a rather disturbing "coincidence." The 3 color commentators are Jay Bilas, Mike Gminski, and Jim Spanarkel. All 3 of them are Duke grads. Maybe that shouldn't be too surprising since the president of CBS sports is also a Duke grad. They'll probably get Coach K to be the special color commentator for the Carolina game tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger peb said...

There was also Dan Bonner who is a Virginia grad and play-by-play man Tim Brando who played football for Maryland. So there is definitely some other ACC representation. However, there don't seem to be any sideline reporters though which seems weird to me.

11:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home