Friday, March 25, 2005

Duke, State, Carolina: Can't we all just get along?

Well of course we can't. However, I was impressed w/ what the tv stations in NC did to accomodate the State and Duke games. I figured switching one of the games to another network would cost the CBS stations a lot of dough, but w/ the exception of Greensboro that is exactly what happened. Even the Greensboro situation of putting Duke on cable seems pretty reasonable. I'm a little surprised that only Raleigh and Greensboro are showing the State game on CBS. It's the biggest university in NC and Duke relies heavily on out of state students many of whom never grace our fair state again (I've now lived in NC longer than any other place so it is our state. I didn't renew my subscription to Our State, but I think I can still use that term.) Should I mention again that the president of CBS sports is a Duke grad? Or should I just attribute it to Duke's popularity after 3 NCAA championships and 10 final fours under Coach K? I think I'll stick w/ the Sean McManus thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home