Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Final Four Final Edition

I've picked Carolina to win it all. I think they can win it all, but realistically I'm probably going to pick my favorite team about 2 rounds too far. That at least means a Final Four. I was looking at a list of non Final Four Carolina teams since the last national championship and I noticed an interesting trend.

1994 2nd round Boston College - I watched it at Bub's in Chapel Hill. One of the few times I went there after I was old enough to get in legitimately.

1996 2nd round Texas Tech - I watched it at some bar in the Atlanta suburbs w/ the Reichs and Weber and C-line. Very anti-Carolina crowd out there. Maybe they considered them Yankees.

1999 1st round Weber State - I watched it at a bar in Charlotte w/ Steve Politi. He was in town covering the next night's NCAA games, and I worked down there. We went to a place close to the apartment I lived in so technically it was Pineville. If I get to call the place in 1996 "Atlanta", then this was definitely Charlotte.

2001 2nd round Penn State - I watched this at my parents house. It was Sunday dinner w/ the extended family and my dad asked God to be w/ the Tar Heels during the pre-meal prayer. I think the Duke crowd in the family is a little tighter w/ God.

2004 2nd round Texas - I watched it at Hugo's here in Greensboro. Not much to say except Texas and the Frank Erwin Center rank number 2 on the all time attendance list for games I've been to. UNCG will probably pass them if they ever play games on weekend afternoons or my kids get old enough that they can stay out until 9 o'clock.

Don't worry, I went to Total Wine today and bought a case of beer. I should be holed up in my house until Monday. Go Heels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home