Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Classic Smith Story

I have nothing to talk about, so I'll dig into my archives of printable stories for you. At one point the bottom heating element in our oven didn't work. The broiler part still worked, but you couldn't put the oven on bake and do anything. Unfortunately, you could still put me on bake and I tried to use the kitchen. Maria and I were making tacos one night and I told her to heat up the shells just set the oven on broil and pop them in there for a few minutes. I neglected to tell her that you can set the cooking method on broil and still leave the temperature at 300. Needless to say she called me over to the oven and I looked inside to see a green flame bouncing b/w the shells and the top heating element. We were both a little freaked out when the green flame was still there after we turned the oven off. Then I did something I hope I never have to do again. I called 911. A few minutes later 2 fire trucks pulled up to our house w/ their sirens blaring. Fully equipped firefighters came into the house and went directly to the oven. One of them squirted a fire extinguisher around the edges of the oven. He proceeded to open the oven, take the tray of taco shells out, and put it in the sink where he sprayed water on it from the faucet. I had to fill out some paperwork for them, and they were nice enough to not laugh in my face. They even brought this fan thing that sucked the smoky air out of the house. I think my dad fixed the oven about 2 days later w/ a $30 part. It's b/c of people like me that mortgage lenders make you get homeowners insurance. Your welcome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bird Spot said...

How did the tacos turn out?

3:33 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

It became a taco salad.

10:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home