Thursday, January 06, 2005

Thanksgiving

Maybe this isn't the most appropriate time to mention this, but Thanksgiving has to be the greatest holiday ever. The whole purpose of it is to gather w/ your family and eat, and thanks to the NFL watch football. If I could choose how to spend time w/ my family, we would get together to eat and watch football. You have the anticipation of the upcoming Christmas holiday (or Hanukkah or solstice celebration). It's always on a Thursday, so you get a 4 day weekend. And it really is the truest American holiday. Canada also has a Thanksgiving, but until there is a CFL doubleheader it's not on equal footing w/ American Thanksgiving. The rest of the world thinks of an entirely different sport when us Yanks say football. Maybe I'm just lucky and get to enjoy 2 turkey dinners on one day and I've come to realize that is my version of heaven, or I know that no real work is accomplished at the job until the new year, but man I can't wait until this year's Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home