Sunday, August 14, 2005

Racist Dan

I was standing in the doorway of my garage/back yard the other night when I heard these people walking down the street towards my dead end. It sounded like a dad and his kids, but as they got closer I recognized the no good voices of teenagers and it sounded like they were talking about hot wire vs. cold wire and styles for using hot wire and cold wire. Then when they passed the hedge by my driveway I could see that in addition to being teenagers they were also black. When two of them walked up to my car on the driver's side while the other one went to the passenger's side, I took one step out of the doorway and towards the car. They didn't notice me and walked right on by into the woods and on their way towards the library. I realized they were actually talking about hot water and cold water and not about stealing my car. After my initial relief/embarassment, I cursed myself b/c I would have been better off if they had stolen my car and I collected the insurance money. I guess I'll have to recruit some hispanic kids to do the job.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Honest Dan.

5:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home