Monday, August 08, 2005

Ready for some football

I seriously set my alarm for 5am on Saturday morning, so I could get up and watch the Colts/Falcons game live from Japan. I admit I turned the alarm off before I went to bed on Friday night, but when the cats got me up around 5 I turned the tv on and watched a couple of plays before going back to sleep. Tonight's Monday Night Football is more my speed, but I couldn't resist that first taste of preseason NFL even if it meant I was up before the cats went outside to kill birds.

Before the first Panthers snap, I was already confronted w/ a family/football dilemma. I had an invite today to go see the Panthers/Cowboys game, but it's on Christmas Eve so I had to decline. I don't think any kid would buy the excuse that Santa was too hungover from going to the game w/ Uncle William to wrap presents. Well, not my kids anyway.

And to scoop this guy, here's a link about the Rolling Stones season long partnership w/ MNF. I heard John Madden gets hemodialysis regularly and that prevents him from flying. Also, I'm pretty sure when the cops busted Al Michaels for dope back in the 60's, they burst in on him while he was eating a Mars bar from Marianne Faithful's p****. That's just what I heard.

1 Comments:

Blogger peb said...

I only deal with Keith Richards' factoids, not Rolling Stones' news scoops. Was Rob Thomas' music not available?

7:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home