Monday, April 11, 2005

Fresh Cut Grass

I mowed my grass for the first time yesterday. This will be the 5th season I've had to mow grass in the new house and thus the 5th season I've used my lawn mower (hard to believe people who live in apartments don't have lawn mowers. what do they do when they want to work on a small engine?). Anyway, I'm real good about doing the maintenance on the engine. I get to use lots of different sized ratchets, so I feel like my tools are serving a purpose. This year, however, was the first time I got the blade sharpened. Wow, what a difference! I didn't have to retrace my steps to get the yard looking even. The thing never threatened to cut off b/c of thick grass slowing the blade down. I should have done that every year. It was cheap ($10) and took the guy about 5 minutes, but then I started thinking that I could do it myself if I got my hands on a grinder. Luckily my dad stepped in and talked some sense into me. He has a grinder and will do it for me, so I can keep up w/ my nancy boy pastimes like blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home