Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Go Heels!

In case you haven't heard, Carolina won the men's college basketball national championship. I spent late Sunday and early Monday in the bathroom w/ a nasty virus. I was feeling much better by Monday afternoon, but I swore off medication so I'd be conscious during the game. It probably worked out for the best b/c I would have only been semi-conscious from excessive beer drinking if I had been healthy. Anyway, I'm very happy for Roy Williams and the 3 seniors from the 8-20 team. The other guys worked hard and did a great job (I'm looking at you Sean May), but you have to experience the low lows like Jawad, Jackie, and Melvin or be unfairly tagged as a good but not great coach like Roy if you really want to appreciate the high highs (I prefer the creamy middles but...). Personally, I didn't enjoy it as much as 93, but I was a student then and there was a big Mudhoney concert after the game. I liked it better than 82 but I didn't really watch basketball then b/c it wasn't allowed in Pennsylvania (I think they actually showed a repeat of Super Bowl XIII instead of the Carolina game). I look forward to buying a t-shirt and drinking some Carolina blue soda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home