Monday, April 11, 2005

Desmond Update

I've been informed by child services that I must give equal blog time to both of my children. Maria is back to working nights so I get to handle the kids from the time I get home until they are in bed (about 8). Last Tuesday was an extremely difficult day w/ Desmond. There was lots of spanking and yelling. When he finally fell asleep, I was not very happy w/ him. I came to realize that he is a real Smith b/c he's mean and uses that passive/aggressive approach to try to manipulate people. That made me appreciate him a little more. Sure there are things I don't like about him like the whining and the constant demands to watch some nonsense on television, but I now know I'll be able to guilt him into things and play on his emotions for my own diabolical purposes. It made me feel like a real dad.

Ok, ok, I'll say some nice things about the kid. He likes to be funny, and he's willing to go w/ me to places other people would never agree to go. It's going to get him in trouble soon when we go to the NASCAR truck race, but I'm sure he'll have a lifetime of funny stories about the event.

1 Comments:

Blogger peb said...

Smiths are mean and use a passive/aggressive approach to manipulate people? You must be talking about Kevin because I know you're not talking about me. As far as wanting to watch nonsense on TV, there can be no greater nonsense than watching the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series so he can't be as bad as his daddy.

7:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home