Saturday, March 12, 2005

Scaring the kids w/ music

I recently bought the Pavement Major Leagues EP. Mainly b/c I liked the Killing Moon cover, but right after that is a cover of The Fall's The Classical which is a big bonus. Anyway, I was playing it on the radio in Izabella's room and despite her screaming, yelling, and crying I'm pretty sure she liked it. I had to leave the room and came out to the living room where I could hear it through the baby monitor. It didn't just sound like The Fall through the baby monitor. It was The Fall somehow transformed through this magic box. It didn't work w/ the Raffi record though.

Not to be outdone, I was driving Desmond to school when the song Blood Embrace from the new Bonnie Prince Billy album came on the radio. It's a good song, but kind of haunting and repetitive. It ended as we got to school and when I looked back at Desmond in his seat he had this look of defeat on his face. He's still young enough that he won't remember that it was at that moment his ability to have meaningful adult relationships was ruined. Please don't clue him in when he's older.

1 Comments:

Blogger peb said...

That would explain why he asked to hear some AC/DC when he came over to Mom and Dad's the other day. Daddy's been listening to ultra-depressing alt-country again.

9:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home