Saturday, June 21, 2008

SAL All Star Game

I took the kids to the SAL All Star Game the other night. We sat in the 2nd row next to the dugout. Of course after the 2nd inning we were off to the playground never to return to our seats. I could have got Desmond to stay there longer, but Izzy was finished w/ her sno-cone so it was time for her to go play. I'm not sure how many future MLB stars were in the game, but if I had to guess I'd say the Braves are in pretty good shape. The highlight for me was honorary coach Andre Dawson standing at the top of the dugout steps about 8 feet away from me. I think I watched him watch the game as much as I watched the actual game. Even though I know his knees are wrecked, he still looks like he's in playing shape and seemed to get around w/o any trouble. I'm sure he's just happy that there isn't artificial turf at the stadium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home