Monday, June 09, 2008

2 good ideas?

I was discussing my NASCAR oriented ideas w/ one of my 2 NASCAR hating brothers and he thought both of these were good ideas so I'll throw them out there. First, when youngish looking Kasey Kahne wins in the Budweiser Dodge and has to swig from a can of Bud in victory lane, they should card him before handing him the Bud. I think it would be kind of funny, and they could actually act like they are interested in stopping (or at least not promoting) underage drinking. Second, Barack Obama '08 should sponsor the #28 Robert Yates Racing Ford driven by Travis Kvapil. This is a car that will be on the track every week (I won't explain the NASCAR rules but trust me on this) and doesn't have a full time sponsor. It seems like a win/win b/c the Obama people will get exposure to an audience that doesn't necessarily follow him and the Yates people get the same kind of exposure. I know you're thinking NASCAR wouldn't allow it or the Republican car owners wouldn't want it, but in 2004 Democrat Bob Graham sponsored a truck for Roush Racing and Roush Racing is involved in a partnership w/ Yates racing. No unsponsored team would turn down a legitimate sponsorship when their teams cost tens of millions of dollars to operate. And more importantly, money talks bullshit walks. The Obama campaign could shell out $12 million for 6 months of sponsorship and not lose any sleep over it. Now if we can get the lame Obama '08 logo off the car and get the Shepherd Fairey pictures there, I would be buying diecast collectibles left and right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home