Monday, March 26, 2007

Recent Things

Ugh! I had finally convinced myself on Saturday that the Tar Heels plan was to wear down their opponent and win the game in the last 10 minutes. Then the exact opposite happens yesterday. That is one of those games that I will think about every so often and go "what the hell happened?"

I was reading GE's annual report and it was talking about how they were working to deliver their entertainment product (NBC) through all sorts of new platforms. I saw Heroes, Deal or No Deal, and 30 Rock each on a different mobile device. Of those shows I only watch 30 Rock and they skewer GE pretty good on that show (3 kinds of heat w/ your trivection oven) so maybe GE has a sense of humor (or a focus group told them they need to look like they have a sense of humor). Most importantly, that means there is no way 30 Rock gets cancelled next season.

I have sampled 2 recent additions to the fast food world's $3.99 chicken sandwiches. Wendy's 4 Alarm Spicy Chicken Sandwich really only provides heat from the jalapenos. The spicy chicken breast and pepper jack cheese are something my kids could eat. The bread it's on is really good though. Hardee's Buffalo Chicken Sandwich wasn't super hot, but the sauce gave it a persistent burn. It was a little messy w/ all that sauce, but what do you expect. I think the bread makes the Wendy's sandwich a little better, but I wouldn't turn down either one.

2 Comments:

Blogger peb said...

Since the recent ubiquity of Chick-Fil-A franchises, I don't sample too many other fast food chicken sandwiches other than Arby's Chicken Bacon Swiss and Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich. I don't care for jalapenos so I don't think I'll upgrade to the 4 Alarm option. I also don't think I'll be entering a Hardee's anytime soon.

11:59 AM

 
Blogger Otto Man said...

I've been gunshy on Wendy's chicken sandwiches ever since I got one that was literally uncooked in the center.

Yeah, that was fun to bite into.

11:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home