Friday, March 09, 2007

Defying Science

For the 3rd time, I poured water into my cup from the water cooler at work and it turned into ice after sitting in my cup for a minute. It wasn't a solid block of ice, but it was enough that you could drink all the liquid and be left w/ nothing but ice. I don't really understand how it happens, but the situation is almost always the same. It's usually shortly after 1 o'clock and the 5 gallon bottle is about 1/4 full. The water cooler is plugged in, so it does something to keep it cold but it definitely comes out in liquid form and turns to ice in my cup. I would appreciate any explanations you could provide.

Even more amazing, the entire ACC tournament is carried by the Tar Heel radio network. This means that Woody Durham can't be a total homer during some of these games. I listened to a little of FSU/Clemson game yesterday and it was like he was a professional announcer instead of the professional cheerleader he usually sounds like. I listened to the end of the BC/Miami game today and while Woody was there somebody else (Jones Angell?) was doing the play by play. Luckily for Tar Heel fans Woody and Eric Montross brought up how the teams were playing compared to when they played the Tar Heels. I guess they figured out a way to still be a Tar Heel propagandist while broadcasting a game not featuring Carolina.

Finally, I've developed a rash that at first I thought was an allergic reaction to amoxicillin. Then I thought it was poison ivy (in February). And now the doctor thinks it is a complication from strep throat. The good part is I get to take prednisone, so I now have enough energy to keep up w/ Desmond.

2 Comments:

Blogger Otto Man said...

Jesus, you still have that? I told you there'd be consequences for using those bargain basement "masseuses."

11:51 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

That's funny b/c when I went to the doctor after I saw you, he was trying to convince me that it was syphilis. The first question he had was did I have any new sex partners. Then about 5 minutes later he asked me how long I've been in a monogamous relationship. He was trying to get me to slip up but I'm too slick for that.

9:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home