Saturday, March 10, 2007

New ways to watch basketball

I was at work yesterday watching the ACC tournament thanks to ESPN360. I remember laughing a few years ago that you would spend $1000 on a computer to watch tv on a 4 inch viewer, but I'm not laughing anymore. Next week CBS has March Madness on demand. This means I no longer have to take time off from work to keep up w/ the games. For all the claims that worker productivity drops during events like this, I can say that my productivity will definitely increase. It has to increase if it's moving from zero and can't go into negative numbers.

4 Comments:

Blogger peb said...

Well, I'm still taking Thursday and Friday off just in case.

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

My schedule has dictated that I need to work from home on Friday. I plan on watching the extra games on TW digital cable. That $900 a year I pay for digital cable really pays off when I can watch extra games for "free."

9:02 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

I couldn't watch the Maryland/Davidson game online b/c it was the local game. I think I'll miss the Georgetown game for the same reason.

2:36 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

I now have the Pittsburgh game on the computer b/c the digital cable only gives me 3 of the 4 games. I don't see how buying the DirectTV package could be better than getting it all for free.

10:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home