Saturday, February 17, 2007

Symptoms may include blindness

One of my brothers used to get strep throat pretty frequently. Every time I went to get tested it always came back negative. However, it took 24 hours for the results to come back, so I would miss 2 days of school anyway. I went to the doctor yesterday b/c I had a sore throat and a fever. The new test for strep throat takes 7 minutes and for the first time ever I was positive. So the doctor prescribes some amoxicillin. I took one yesterday on the way home from the pharmacy and another last night before dinner. When I got up this morning to take one, I noticed the pills were pink. I could have sworn I had taken white pills yesterday. I even poured the whole bottle out to make sure I wasn't taking one of Izabella's princess vitamins. It must be a much more serious disease than I thought.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bird Spot said...

Hope you're feeling better by now. It sux to be sick, especially with young kids to run around after.

6:37 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

Thank you. Yes, I am back at work today and feeling much better.

10:34 AM

 
Blogger peb said...

You know I was sick on Friday with a sore throat, but I didn't get it checked. Maybe I should have.

I assume you're talking about Kev because I rarely had strep throat.

3:34 PM

 
Blogger Otto Man said...

That's right. As I remember it, Pete was the one who always had the syphillis.

1:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home