Wednesday, August 02, 2006

13th district update

I may have lost Vernon Robinson's attempts to lure my independent vote for the election. I really hope not b/c I enjoy all his inflammatory materials, but I could only take so much from an automated phone survey before my true feelings came out.

It seemed like any other telephone survey when I agreed to answer 7 questions about an important marketing survey. The first question was "Do you think the United States should secure its borders? Please answer 1 for yes or 2 for no." I answered 1 b/c technically there needs to be a striped parking lot arm to stop foreign cars from getting here, but more than that seems excessive. I was a little giddy b/c I knew it was from some kind of political campaign, and I figured only Vernon Robinson would start w/ an issue like getting rid of foreigners. But that wasn't how he asked the question so I didn't feel dishonest about getting his hopes up about voting for him.

The next question was "Concerning abortion, are you pro-life? Answer 1 for yes or 2 for no." Ok, the gig was up. I couldn't answer that question w/ the answer Vern wanted. I pressed 2. After that came "Are you opposed to gay marriage? Press 1 for yes or 2 for no." I couldn't lie about this one either, and further alienated myself by pressing 2. I think all couples should have the same rights to inherit property, join insurance plans, and transfer custody of children w/o incident. All that legal stuff that married couples benefit from should apply to same sex couples who make the effort to go to a courthouse and legalize their relationship.

The fourth question was "Do you think the Constitution guarantees the right to bear arms..." It went on to read the 2nd amendment and while I think of it as the Bill of Rights and not the Constitution I don't have a problem w/ that so I answered yes. That doesn't mean I don't think there shouldn't be some reasonable regulations, but if you want guns you got 'em.

"In the upcoming election in district 13 between Vernon Robinson and Brad Miller, will you vote for Vernon Robinson? Answer 1 for yes and 2 for no." I had to pick 2 b/c there is no way I'm voting for this lunatic (in fairness that link is from an article from his 2004 campaign for another US Congressional district and not his current race for the votes of people like me).

For the 6th question it asked if I had ever given money to a "political campaign or community organization?" I didn't know how they were defining community organization but I still answered no. That ended my 7 question survey at question number 6. I think it also ended my chances to get more love from the creepy conservative (in a political way).

1 Comments:

Blogger Otto Man said...

Vernon Robinson is a beautiful kind of batshit crazy. He's only a couple more losses from dancing naked in a K & W Cafeteria, banging a pot and pan over his head like Rupricht the Monkey Boy.

12:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home