Monday, June 05, 2006

Recent thoughts

I'm picking Argentina in the World Cup. I guess Brazil is the favorite and Germany has the home country advantage, but I'm thinking you need to go against that logic in this day and age. And who doesn't like South America's most arrogant nation of escaped war criminals. Of course I'm pulling for USA and have planned on working around their games (thank you for the noon game on Monday, Mr long lunch). And the African teams are all cool. If Cuba can't make it, you might as well cheer for Angola, right.

I saw The Conversation w/ Gene Hackman this weekend. It was the movie Francis Ford Coppola did b/w Godfather Parts 1 and 2. John "Fredo" Cazale was in it. The guy only did like 5 films (Godfather 1 and 2, Deer Hunter, Dog Day Afternoon, and The Conversation but you already saw that on IMDB) and they are all awesome. Anyway The Conversation was pretty much not what I expected and before I spoil anything you should go see it and then get back to me.

My friend Laurie O'Neill was featured in the newspaper in her quest to fufill the eat local challenge. I've gotten behind the Homeland Creamery and would eat at Bistro Sofia every night if I could afford to, but it is seriously hard to do what Laurie is doing. I cyber salute her.

The kids are out of school for the summer. Please pray for Maria. I know they planned to go see Cars on June 9, and if you have kids and they haven't been bugging you to go see it on that day I guess you don't let them watch as much tv as I do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bird Spot said...

It's 12:19 PM, do you know who's reading your blog? Hint: First name, Sarah, Maiden name, Lightfoot

I have two kids who want to see "Cars." Please let me know how it is before we shell out yet another $50 on a matinee that my son sits through for an hour before saying, "I want to go home now."

I like your blog--all the stuff about the kids. I totally relate.

12:25 PM

 
Blogger Laurie said...

Thanks, Dan! I've been very bad since the ELC ended May 31. For example, I just polished off a bag of chocolate covered pretzels. But I'm still good about half the time.

4:13 PM

 
Blogger peb said...

John Cazale was also engaged to Meryl Streep when he died. So he was pretty much was the coolest guy ever.

10:48 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

Wow! I've never gotten so many comments. Maybe instead of giving each thought (and the number of posts here is equal to the number of thoughts I have) I should lump together a bunch of stuff and see what happens.

Anyway speaking of Wow, Sarah, Maiden name, Lightfoot in the virtual house. I'm glad to hear from you especially since you seem to be doing so well. I've checked out your blog, and I realize that I really need a digital camera so I can let the whole world know how cute (and big) my kids are. Although I don't think they can compete w/ your kids. I'll point out to you as well as anyone else who might want to get in touch w/ me that I can be reached at dsmith@rfmd.com. As far as Cars goes, Maria said it was good but clocking in at 2 hours a little long. Desmond liked it a lot. He keeps telling me to get it on DVD, but I'm not making a special trip to China to buy bootleg DVDs. He'll just have to wait a few months.

Laurie, b/w your garden, the farmer's market, and Deep Roots you do a damn good job at leading a local diet. Plus, you walk to work which scores the highest points possible w/ me.

Pedro thinks Fredo was the coolest guy ever. That makes me think that maybe Pedro is coolest guy ever. I'm not sure if we can get away w/ a John Cazale film fest at the beach, but let's at least refer to Kevin as "Sonny" the whole time we are there.

2:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home