Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sirius Radio

Maria got a Sirius radio for Christmas and it makes regular radio seem outdated. Ignoring the fact that there aren't any commercials and that I can listen to the same station for a 4 hour ride to the beach, it is easily worth the $12.95 a month. The different stations may be niche formatting, but what is commercial radio? I've been listening to Underground Garage pretty regularly after my initial obsession w/ Outlaw Country. Just today I learned that the song Left in the Dark that's on The Shit Hits The Fans was originally done by the Vertebrats. I didn't even have to wait for a dj to tell me that. It's displayed right on the radio. I've wanted to know that for about half my life (if I had bought the Uncle Tupelo album where they covered it I could have accomplished this about 16 years ago), so you can see how this radio has made my life much better. Maria's programmed 20 songs as her favorites and any time they are being played on any channel a message pops up and lets you know. She says the only time The Cowboy Song by Thin Lizzy comes on is when I'm in the car. I can believe that.

1 Comments:

Blogger ard said...

Check out Youtube for a video of the Vertebrats playing it at a reunion tour in 1985.

1:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home