Thursday, July 27, 2006

Goody's Headache Powder 250

I'm pretty much up for going to any race at Martinsville Speedway as long as I don't have to drive. This has worked out well in the last few years since my friend RB from work lives in Stoneville and he goes to every race they have up there. We went on Saturday to the Busch Series race and it was the most action packed day I've had in a long time. Oh, the race was boring and they ran like 100 of the 250 laps under caution and nobody could pass w/o wrecking another car, but the rest of the day was filled w/ lots of excitement. I brought Desmond since kids 5 and under were free. I also resurrected David Weber from the distant past and got him to drive from Raleigh. We hadn't seen each other since I got married, so that was a lot of old school fun. Between the time we walked from the van to the racetrack, the 3 tickets I had fell out of my back pocket. We retraced our steps but the tickets were long gone. So I ended up borrowing $20 from Weber to buy the $40 ticket and the can huggies they sent w/ the tickets ended up costing me $30 a piece. Once we were inside Desmond started complaining about the noise, from the music they were playing over the PA. I had earplugs and those earmuff things they use at shooting ranges, but when the race started that wasn't enough to keep him from complaining. We lasted until lap 13 and then walked around until lap 230 when I finally forced him to sit and watch the last 20 laps (it takes like 15 seconds to run a lap there). When we were leaving he told us he never wanted to go to a race again. Everyone laughed. I'm a little relieved b/c I would have to buy him a ticket soon, and his Pepsi was taking up valuable beer space in my cooler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home