Monday, June 12, 2006

USA! USA!

I'm glad I didn't post my World Cup predictions (other than the champ) b/c I was sincerely convinced the USA would move on to the next round. Now they have to get some serious help and at least draw w/ Italy to even stand a chance to do that. I watched most of the first half before being so discouraged that I went back to work. Even Desmond's soccer coach told his group of 4 year olds that they need to put the ball in the goal. It reminded me of my own basketball playing days and my biggest weakness putting the ball in the hoop. Unlike me playing basketball the US did a pretty good job of passing and dribbling. I'll still watch the World Cup, but today took a lot of air out of the sails. When is the Stanley Cup on?

1 Comments:

Blogger Otto Man said...

Ugh. What a horrible game. I felt like I was watching the 1990 asskicking all over again.

I've got a World Cup rant up at my place, if you're interested. (And if you're not interested, it's still there. I have a life outside of your approval, you know.)

5:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home