Friday, May 12, 2006

Tiger Bear Wolf at the Flying Anvil

Last night, Maria, Sally, and I saw Tiger Bear Wolf at the Flying Anvil. TBW were of course awesome and played early on the bill so we got home before midnight. That makes babysitting grandmas happy. It doesn't sound like they are any closer to putting out a new record, but the new songs are getting better and better w/ each show. We also saw former Chapel Hill drummer/current Winston Salem guitarist Geoff Abell's band Tommygun. I like the EP they put out last year, but this was the first time I'd seen them. I'd go back even if they weren't playing w/ TBW. The Flying Anvil is freaking huge. There has been lots of publicity about the place and they could sure use it. I don't know how many people they have to bring in to make money, but they might have to get Tiger Bear Wolf to play every night (actually that would only draw in me every night but you get the point).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home