Monday, July 04, 2005

Smith Family Bar-b-que

Originally, Maria wanted to have people over the weekend of her birthday (July 15th so you still have time to get her something nice, but not too nice that you show me up). For some reasons those plans got changed and this past Saturday night was the actual party. We had a good crowd who I won't out for fear that they were violating their parole. Laurie has an actual photo of me on the grill (my hair is in a bun a la Little House on the prairie, I didn't cut it), but I'm not saying if she was there or not. Things actually went really well. Desmond was up way too late running around outside. We tried to get him to bring people beers, but after a while he figured out that it was work and he didn't want anything to do w/ it. Eventually he fell asleep on the couch watching tv. I put him in bed and even put a Pull Up on him, but he was too tired to do anything but go back to sleep. We mostly stayed outside, but the rain delayed race was too much for me to pass up when it got down to just the hardcore people who weren't leaving until Sunday morning. I did go too far by letting Fun House reach the last song which should only be played if you are washing dishes and need to get out a particularly stubborn stain. Maria saved the day (and saved face for Iggy) by putting on Lust For Life. I knew it was safe for me to go to bed at that point. I also figured anybody still at the house at that point would be there when I got up w/ the kids at 7:30. Who says I'm a bad host?

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

You were wonderful hosts! Thanks a bunch!
Laurie and Sandy

7:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home