Friday, June 24, 2005

Trying to deal

Today's big kid activity was Here There Be Dragons at UNCG summer repertory theatre. Desmond went on his "is this going to be too loud" kick and was ready to leave before it started, and it didn't help that the group warming up the crowd said parents who didn't turn off cell phones and pagers would be eaten by a dragon. Once it got started w/ a rousing musical number, he was really into it. Izabella was paying attention for about 5 minutes. Then I distracted her w/ crackers. When those ran out, I let her scratch at the wall behind us (we were in the last row). Overall it went really well. I even enjoyed the play. One of the actresses made the decision to play the role of an emperor like Marlon Brando in the Godfather. Good choice. She had the voice and the mannerisms dead on. When we left, we went to the Weatherspoon. It didn't last real long, but I saw some really cool paintings by Andrew Masullo. When we left the van had a parking ticket on it. I went back in to complain to the front desk person at the Weatherspoon. She told me to go to the Walker Ave parking deck and they could void it. At the parking deck they told me I could fill out a form for an appeal. When I turned it in they said I would be contacted in a few days. To which I said "Yeah, and they'll tell me I still owe you $35." I was pretty irritated b/c the only place to park on campus is that parking deck, and I would have to walk the kids all the way across campus to get to the theatre. Luckily, we went to First Carolina Deli and that improved my mood. Desmond wanted to change his order about 5 seconds after the waiter left our table, but it was one of those whinny complaints where he wants the kids meal and then the next time he whines it's b/c he doesn't want the kids meal. When the food came, he was fine. They have a way of doing that w/ their food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home