Monday, July 04, 2005

Tiger Bear Wolf at Corndale house

I was skeptical about the Tiger Bear Wolf show at the Tiger Bear Wolf House. I refrained from drinking on Friday b/c I figured the cops would come break this thing up and I don't need a DWI. Dave and I brought a 6 pack of Icehouse tall boys to take over there (the perfect amount of beer for 2 people to split over a couple of hours and still be ok to drive). When we parked in the Kerr Drugs parking lot, there were plenty of people milling around outside but it wasn't very loud. You could sort of hear a band playing inside, but it wasn't anything the Friday night traffic couldn't drown out. When we made it inside, they had the basement covered in sound proofing foam which explained why you couldn't hear the rock down the block. I know it wasn't the first show down there and I think they practice there, but these guys have it going on. No problems w/ people, a keg of beer (which when dry was supplemented w/ 2 cases of the beast), no cops, no angry neighbors, ample parking, a clean bathroom, and rock and roll. I wanted to take the set list to report to you, but they wrote it on a chalkboard. I asked about borrowing the chalkboard so I could write it down and despite TBW agreeing to it, it looked like it was bolted to the wall so I didn't want to start wrecking their house. I don't think they are playing around here any time soon, but their tour might be coming to your town (assuming your town isn't Greensboro) and if it is I'll be sending you an email to go check it out. If it isn't send them an email, get them to play in your house, and go to Home Depot and buy a truck full of sound proofing foam. You won't regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home