Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Open up and bleed

I gave my 34th pint of blood to the Red Cross today (not in one day, over the course of my life). They've always asked a bunch of personal questions to make sure your blood isn't contaminated. You can't donate if you are a man and have had sexual contact w/ another man, but I don't remember seeing any restrictions on women who have had sexual contact w/ other women. And you can't donate if you've taken money or drugs in exchange for sex or given someone money or drugs in exchange for sex. Today was the first time I saw an explanation of what constitutes sexual contact. There are 3 types of sex according to the Red Cross: the old standard penis in vagina, a mouth on a penis, vagina, or anus, and the penis in anus. Nothing about a vagina on anus, so I guess if you're really freaky but want to help w/ the blood supply you can still do that w/ strangers in exchange for money or drugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home