Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Party Church

I really did go to Peace UCC this past weekend. And I really did read an insert in the bulletin about some UCC youth group in Maine w/ a quote from a minister saying "There's a party going on. It's called the United Church of Christ. And you're not only welcome, you are invited." I thought it was funny b/c we called the Toms River UCC the party church, and apparently the national UCC considers itself the party church. This ad (the video in the upper right hand corner) has the party vibe going on. I think they are trying to make church fun. That would make a lot of churches just da mentalists. That seems appropriate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I considered checking out UCC because I love that ad. But I found that I really like the Church of the Covenant. It's fun mentalist. The minister's main message is to do what you love, and he doesn't talk down to you like you're mindless drones.

I like that term!

9:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home