Thursday, May 12, 2005

The financial capital of New Garden Rd

There are 5 banks on New Garden Rd clustered b/w Hobbs Rd and Bryan Blvd. To be honest I'd never heard of any of them. FNB Southeast has their headquarters on the corner of Hobbs and New Garden. I guess one way of introducing yourself to potential customers is to put your name on top of the only multi-story building visable from the nature trails around Price Park. In their defense when I need to buy some office space, I'm going to rent a place in that building but only b/c I can walk there from my house. There's also a First Citizens and a Carolina Bank on that side of the street. Soon a Southern Community Bank and Trust will join them and a Bank of Oak Ridge branch will be right across the street (ok, my dad told me about Bank of Oak Ridge, but I swear I knew nothing about the rest of them). I guess there's a need for smaller banks since all the big one's have formed MegaBank of the Universe. That proverb about breaking a bundle of sticks versus breaking a single stick must be driving their business models.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home