Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Grasshoppers game

The whole family went to the Grasshopper's game on Sunday. As a special Mother's Day treat for Maria, I didn't complain about spending money the whole time we were there. Desmond had a good time playing on the playground, and Izabella crawled around in the grass w/o complaint. We started out sitting in left field at the grand stand tables, but you can't see squat out there. If you get up on the rail, it's ok but we were trying to lounge at a table and feed kids. From there I could see a sliver of the SS/3B area. We didn't check out the lawn out in left field, but there was a home run ball hit out there so I should be able to talk Desmond into skipping the playground for a few innings. The playground and general admission area on the 1st base line were where we spent most of the game. The stadium itself is a lot more event oriented than World War Memorial Stadium. They still have the same b/w inning promotions, but there are so many other things to do. Those promotions were the highlight for Desmond when we went to the games last year. This year I don't think he noticed except when Guilford the Grasshopper was on the field. We stayed until the 8th inning, and the only inning I really watched was the 7th and that was only my lame attempt to get Maria to stay by trying to prove I was really interested in the game. Then I found out they stop selling beer in the 8th inning and we hit the road. I've already planted the seed to go back for Father's day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home