Monday, May 09, 2005

Smith Family Vacation

We took a spring beach trip last week. It was nice to just chill at the beach. Granted, it rained and was cold the days we were down there, but I can still relax. Izabella got to get on the beach for maybe 30 minutes, but when you are age 0 contemplating the vastness of the earth can be a little overwhelming. 30 minutes seems like more than enough. When we got there on Wednesday, the weather was sunny but a little cold. We went to the indoor pool for our main water time and only checked out the beach briefly. We spent a lot of time in the indoor pool on Thursday and even Friday before checking out. There was even a family nap during the Thursdaylong rain. That's good vacationing. When we left on Friday the sun was out. As we drove towards Friday night's destination it started to rain again. That night I stood in the garage grilling at Dude's house (not The Dude, just Dude) and maybe it was the chill that runs up my spine from drinking Icehouse but it was a cold rain. I realized why they build house's w/ one car garages as I stood in the dry confines talking to Scot Drummond. I went at this time of year in these conditions for the sole purpose of seeing Scot. He is one of the very few old school NJ people that I have had any contact w/ and like only a few others things pick up pretty much like they used to be. That's a good feeling. That was a good garage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

How did you end up in Fair Bluff from Wilmington? You must like the scenic route.

4:17 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

We went to Myrtle Beach first. This guy gave me a short cut to get down there that involves Hwy 903. It is pretty scenic. I hope the car doesn't break down on one of these roads b/c I would have no idea what to tell the people at AAA.

8:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home