Saturday, February 26, 2005

Best Radio Show in Town

3 radio shows on WQFS were listed on an article for best radio in Greensboro and not one of them was Chuck Carroll's Thursday 6-8 pm show. Maybe I'm biased b/c he trained me at QFS 15 years ago. Maybe I'm biased b/c I was driving around and stumbled onto some Uriah Heap and he was the one playing it. Maybe I'm biased b/c he plays T. Rex and Thin Lizzy. But it's the only radio show that I try to listen to even if I'm not driving in my car. That's saying something. I'd also like to give and honorable mention to Josh Neas' Wednesday 6-8pm show which has an honor all Replacements requests policy. And Jack Bonney the station manager who has brought WUAG to the top of the radio presets. I don't think he does a regular show any more, but he did play Langley Schools Music Projects version of "Band on the Run" in honor of George Harrison's death. That was a powerful moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home