Saturday, May 26, 2007

Great Moments in Recent History

We took the kids to the GYC carnival. The 60 minutes we spent there cost me $53 even though I didn't have to pay the $10 admission and we didn't buy any food. Everybody had a good time so I guess it was worth it. When I told my brother that spending money like that made me think it was like the strip club for kids he said "Dude, it's been a long time since you've been to the strip club if you think you can get by on $50 bucks an hour."

For the first time ever we managed to stay at a baseball game for all nine innings. I took the day off on Wednesday to go to the Grasshoppers day game. We walked in as they we playing the Star Spangled Banner, and when everyone was ready to go in the 9th inning I told them about the sense of accomplishment we would all feel if we stayed and watch the Grasshoppers officially lose. They didn't buy it, but I refused to leave until the game was over anyway. Still I feel like it was a new era in baseball games. Mainly b/c we didn't spend the whole time on the playground.

Finally, I bought my new lawnmower today. I haven't used it yet or even set it up, but just having it makes me feel important. And frankly, it's too hot to mow. I noticed the grass is starting to turn brown so if I cut it I'll only be hastening its death. Maybe I should go ahead and cut it then so the mower will last forever.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bird Spot said...

Sounds like domestic bliss to me.

3:00 PM

 
Blogger peb said...

I would like to point out that I am not the brother who made the strip club comment. I wouldn't know how much an hour's worth of entertainment there would cost.

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

I've used the new mower. Even though it was 90 degrees outside, I really enjoyed it. Let me know if you want me to come and mow your yard.

8:05 PM

 
Blogger Bird Spot said...

Yes! Please come mow our almost-dead lawn so David will stop bitching about it every week! We have a 1/2 acre, btw, and he thought that justified a riding mower. Nuts! Maybe it's justified in his mind b/c it used to take him like 5 hours to complete. You'll have to come over sometime and give David some pointers.

10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home