Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My weekend or MJW, Bulls, and blisters on my hand


The long awaited Marijuana Wolf cd came out on Friday and the world celebrated w/ $1 PBR at 2 Art Chicks. As a special one day only offer you could get a cd for only $4.20, and anyone can still get one for only $5. The live show has expanded to feature a pedal steel guitar player, a drummer, and a trumpet player. They don't play on every song, but if you join Marijuana Wolf it seems like you would need to take a few breaks b/w songs. So now you have your choice of the MJW live dvd or the studio cd. It's hard to go wrong w/ either one.

On Saturday we picked up Pete and met the Cooleys and Clawrys at the Durham Bulls game. The actual game was crappy, but we had kids so watching the game was kind of out. The most I saw was when I was waiting in line at the concession stand. Now I know if I want to watch the game I can leave the kids w/ Uncle Pete and wait in the longest line to buy corn dogs. I've put up a picture of Izzy from the game b/c you can actually see her luminescence. Since it makes her that happy to be at the ballpark, I'll make sure I bring her back again soon.

To wrap it up on Sunday I mowed my lawn and finished the first part (it takes 2 tanks of gas) w/o any problems. I tried to start it after a gas and go, but it wouldn't fire. I took a break to drink some water and let the motor cool down. When I came back it still wouldn't start. Maria tried it w/o luck and my arm was too sore to try anymore, so I got some tools to take apart the mower. It turns out I didn't need them b/c the spark plug wasn't connected to the spark plug wire. Seriously, that's how I got that blister on my hand.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bird Spot said...

I can't resist sharing this:

On the way to school today, out of the blue, Grace said, "Dan has long hair. He did the rock-n-roll sign to me and he laughed. I have a crush on him."

5:10 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

Dude, my parole officer reads this. Not Cool!

3:29 PM

 
Blogger Bird Spot said...

I'm not worried about your parole officer...I'm worried about your wife.

4:26 PM

 
Blogger Otto Man said...

In Dan's defense, I'm pretty sure he gives the rock'n'roll sign without even knowing it these days. It's like a cool nervous tic.

12:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home