Friday, January 12, 2007

Recap

Desmond crawled into my bed at 4:30am on Christmas morning and spent the next hour telling me "Dude, I can't sleep." At 5:30 I finally told him to go open his damn presents by himself. After a few yells of "Awesome", I went back to sleep and got up at 6:30 to make sure the house wasn't on fire. When Izabella got up at the much more reasonable hour of 8, the rest of us opened our presents. I guess the kids were happy w/ their haul. Desmond likes board games better than his gameboy, and Izabella now has 2 small chairs to drag in front of the television and sit in. I got 3 sets of 4 pint glasses yet didn't get a single beer for them. We watched the Eagles beat the Cowboys at my cousin's new house in Raleigh, and one of the next generation cousins decided he wanted the Cowboys to win. He was mercilessly harassed for the rest of the day. Nothing says Christmas like adults ridiculing 7 year olds.

Maria and I went to Bistro Sofia for New Year's Eve dinner. I had a brik as an appetizer and the grilled duck for the main course. It was the best meal I had all year. We then went to a crazy party, but Maria's mom was babysitting and wanted us home by 10. We made it back at about 10:50. They haven't spoken since.

Marijuana Wolf has released their One Day Tour DVD. It's $6 plus whatever it costs to ship it and you can reach them at MJWTellsMe@yahoo.com. It's totally worth it.

2 Comments:

Blogger peb said...

I'll take Desmond's Gameboy if he doesn't want it.

11:43 PM

 
Blogger Bird Spot said...

Good to know about the MJW DVD. Should make a fine b-day gift for David next month.

9:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home