Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Dan the Man

People like to complain about bad announcers, so I figured I'd sing some praises for Dan Fouts. While he is a hall of fame member of the jockistocracy, he's currently doing play by play for the Emerald Bowl. And he's doing a good job w/ it. It's not the first time I've heard him do play by play, and it is something a lot of announcers would benefit from doing. Most would do better to realize that there is actually a game going on while they talk, but to learn to incorporate their talking points into the action of the game well that seems like too much to ask.

1 Comments:

Blogger Otto Man said...

I saw that game and was pleasantly surprised.

Fouts spoofed himself announcing in a movie a while back. Pretty good, as I recall.

12:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home