Friday, November 17, 2006

KISS book

We've had this KISS book on our coffee table for a while, but I didn't start reading it until this week. I was kind of just thumbing through it looking at their memories of their records and Paul and Gene talking about the Psycho Circus stuff, but I started reading it pretty seriously when I found their memories of the first KISS gigs. At one point it described Ace passing time on the road watching movies on his betamax, and I checked the publication date (2003) and just figured he was eccentric. Then it started talking about KISS never being photographed w/o their makeup. I looked a little more thoroughly at the table of contents and realized the first 11 chapters were from a book published in 1979. I kept thinking about how awesome it was that there was a book that captured a time when KISS had never been photographed w/o their makeup. Here's a little of that magic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home