Monday, December 04, 2006

Party Recap

To quote Marijuana Wolf, they smoked all the grass and kicked all the ass. They also play at a volume that is acceptable in our quiet neighborhood, so I'd have to say it was quite a success. There were also a couple of people I haven't seen in a long time. Sarah Cooley made the long trip from Chapel Hill (only an hour drive, but days of planning since they needed a babysitter), and Mike Green made it out now that he's moved back to Greensboro. Both are married and have kids (not w/ each other), and I actually got to talk to Sarah and her husband David before the wine started to get to me. I can say that I remember Mike Green telling me to call him the next time Dave and I go out, but I can't say I remember his wife's name. There's plenty of time to learn that. Other than that the usual suspects were around, but that was a good thing. I was particularly happy that most of the food was gone. I think the only things left were things in the refrigerator or cabinets. Oh, and you can never have enough beer. That was long gone.

In a fit of poor planning I agreed to teach the youth Sunday school class at church on the first Sunday of the month. So the morning after the party was my first time doing it. There were only 3 kids there and we made shofars to go w/ the lesson about the walls of Jericho tumbling down. I would have given myself an A for effort, but sitting next to my mom in church she offered me a breath mint. She does this every Sunday, but when I declined she told me "No, you really need one."

3 Comments:

Blogger Bird Spot said...

I cannot believe you not only made it to church but that you taught Sunday School. You are more of a man than I am.

9:20 AM

 
Blogger peb said...

I'm just surprised that they actually asked you to teach Sunday school. Now if they would have used you as an example for what not to do, that would make much more sense.

Mike Green's wife's name is Jennifer. I think.

8:46 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

Birdy, you are still more of a woman than I can ever hope to be.

Pedro, I'll have your hush money at Christmas. I was going to guess her name was Guesulant.

11:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home