Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Cultural Ignorance vs Cultural Awakening

I live in North Carolina and bought a fishing pole on line. When it got to me, it was wrapped in newspaper inside the box. The newspaper was in Sanskrit(?) except for the ads. I didn't see any ads for fishing boats, but there were plenty of people advertising for brides and grooms. I'm not claiming to be an expert in Orthodox Indian culture, but when one ad is looking for a groom for a 20ish girl w/ a Masters degree in Physical Therapy and the ad next to it is looking for a bride for a 20ish boy w/ a Masters in Physical Therapy I just want to send them both emails that say "look in the paper you advertised in like at the ad right next to yours." Then I think nay you don't want to get involved w/ someone who advertises in a newspaper.

2 Comments:

Blogger elev8 said...

Sports is very amazing and fun at the same time, it can really help maintain a good health and stability of your body.sporting goods stores

11:05 PM

 
Blogger Tommy Lee said...

I don't get this."I didn't see any ads for fishing boats, but there were plenty of people advertising for brides and grooms." Could you please enlighten me on this? I keep following all your posts hope you can regularly post more. I get very useful information here. Thanks for having this.



sports supplies volleyball

7:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home