Wednesday, November 16, 2005

It was Saturday night, I guess that makes it alright

My beautiful wife decided that she wanted to have a birthday party for me this year. She wasn't satisfied w/ the ordinary cake, chips, and balloons. She decided the best birthday party she could throw would have to include my favorite band Tiger Bear Wolf. She even enlisted Jillian and Cassie P's help in getting the Elks Club to agree to let us have it there. While the hours leading up to the party were pretty hectic, the actual event was charmed. Not only did the band agree to play for free, but the Elks Club let us use the bar area for free too. As cosmic retribution, everybody there kicked in generously to the band donation fund, and the people at the Elks Club bar made a lot more money than usual through the $1 draft fund. I think people really enjoyed Tiger Bear Wolf. They played an extra long set (Guitar, Input, Lens, Earth, Humans, Tongues, Winner, Rats, Body, New) and while the acoustics weren't great if you stood close enough to them it was too loud to be concerned w/ audiophile nonsense like "acoustics." And I know people enjoyed $1 draft beer, so it was a big success.

1 Comments:

Blogger peb said...

That was a great party! Your wife and her friends did a great job. I still can't believe those old guys let TBW play and play loudly. I was going to see TBW at Local 506 last night but car troubles (i.e. I didn't have one) prevented me.

11:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home